logo, brand, identity
At SiliconStudio we have literally created hundreds of logos, marks and identity systems since we started.
Over the years that experience has defined the way we work when we create logos and marks that get noticed, their unique essence communicates the intended message and they stand the test of time. Have a look at some examples here and you’ll see that they’re also backed by generous client testimonials and even some awards.
For those who already know the difference between a logo, a brand or identity mark is please skip this paragraph. If you’re not sure, we think this brief description and illustration is helpful:
- A logo is a graphic mark (marque) or emblem commonly used by businesses, organizations or individuals to aid and promote instant public recognition. Logos can be either purely graphic (symbols/icons) or are composed of the name of the organization, sometimes referred to as logotype.
- A brand is a name, term, design, symbol or any other feature that identifies one seller’s goods or service as distinct from those of other sellers
- Brand identity is the outward expression of a brand, including its name, trademark, communications and visual appearance.
Our approach to Logo design
Our approach is simple, methodical, analytical and always with attention to detail. At SiliconStudio we;
- Start by taking a detailed brief from you.
- Conduct our own research into your competitors and industry.
- Develop our own references, analyze and fine-tune direction.
- Draft conceptual sketches. The ones we like to present (because they meet the set criteria) are then developed further into clean commercial images for your approval or discussion,
- When we receive your design approval we develop and refine the final Logo, brand or identity graphics and deliver them to you in a number of ready-to-use formats for print and on-line use.
Beyond the mark
With the mark created we can apply the image to a number of other artworks to produce any, all or more of the items below to create your corporate package.
- Corporate Stationary – Business cards, letterheads, etc.
- Office Templates – MS Word letter, quote, invoice templates, etc.
- Presentations – MS PowerPoint templates or presentation videos
- Promotional materials – Postcards, Brochures, flyers, merchandise
- Advertising – Magazine, in-print and on-line
- Trade Shows – Printed banners, hand-outs, name badges, merchandise, booth design
- On-line – Website logo, Website icon, social media art and icons, advertising and promotional banners, and advert art.
- Marketing Communications – (Marcomms) supplemental art to enhance a brand.
- Retail Package design – (see illustration & print)
- Style Guide – A Style Guide contains all the variants of your logo, illustrated usage rules, approved fonts, color swatches, web usage, printing guidelines, additional marketing communications assets with guides and legal text to protect your mark. We can create both offline and online style guides if you wish to integrate the Guide in your website. Style guides can be as simple as a 12 page document, (download example here) but we have also created guides that require a DVD to hold the content.
Every logo, identity or brand design assignment is very different in terms of requirements and budgets which means it’s impossible to give a price without first discussing the project beforehand. Our quotes are based purely on the amount of time that we estimate we need to meet your design requirements to produce an original design, exactly to your brief. The more design time that we have available the wider your choice of styles and the greater depth we can fine tune your design.